Friday 1 May 2015

Nutrimum Pregnancy Cereal Bars - Review

For the last couple of weeks I've been trying a new product so I thought it was about time I shared my thoughts with you.


The Nutrimum Pregnancy Cereal Bars are  relatively new to the market and just came onto our shelves earlier this year I believe. The idea behind them is basically that each bar contains the 5 main nutrients that are important during pregnancy: Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Iron and Iodine. So by eating one of these bars everyday you would ensure that both baby and mum get all the nutritional goodness that the professionals recommend and you don't need to take any other supplements.

The bars also contain a great source of fibre, are low in salt, have no added artificial colours or flavourings and are suitable for vegetarians.


Since finding out I was pregnant taking pregnancy recommended vitamins is definitely something that I have made a conscious effort to stick to, especially in the first 12 weeks when folic acid is particularly important - even if I do forget more days than I should, yes baby brain is already kicking in - so it would have been great to find out about these cereal bars sooner. I think Nutrimum are really on to something here and these bars are such a great idea. There was definitely a big gap in the market for an alternate vitamin option. 
I love having another choice in cereal bar form which lets face it is always going to be more appealing than your traditional tablet type vitamins.

The fact that these come in raisin and chocolate flavour is an added bonus for the crazy chocoholic in me.
Taste wise I wouldn't say they are the absolute scrummiest thing I've ever come across but they are pleasant. You can definitely taste the chocolate and they are pretty sweet, which if you have a sweet tooth like me is a good thing but I can understand pregnant women may be surprised to get such a sweet taste from supplements. I've found the bars pretty filling, I have been eating them as my breakfast on more than one occasion and not finding myself hungry again until at least lunchtime which is quite unusual for a cereal bar.



The only downside I have found to the Nutrimum Pregnancy Cereal Bars is perhaps the price. At £4.99 for just 5 bars they aren't cheap but then again traditional pregnancy supplements in tablet form aren't exactly cheap either. I probably won't continue to eat them every day for the rest of my pregnancy because it would work out quite expensive and we're really trying hard to save money but I am definitely going to pick up a few more boxes to keep in the cupboard because they are such a super easy product to grab on the go and keep in my handbag.
I've also found the Nutrimum bars pretty hard to come across. The only place I've found to really stock them is larger Boots stores, which isn't a problem for me as I can get there quite easily but if you like to regularly do all your food shopping in the supermarket or don't have a large Boots store locally this could be annoying.

Nutrimum pregnancy cereal bars also come in summer fruits flavour which I can't wait to try.
Also in the range Nutrimum have pregnancy muesli, breastfeeding cereal bars and breastfeeding muesli all in a variety of flavours.

All Nutrimum products are currently 3 for 2 online at Boots.com so it's a perfect time to stock up or try these for the first time.

Have you been taking pregnancy supplements? I'd love to hear from you

XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment