Friday 24 July 2015

Bump update - 35 weeks

Bump

Every week now I feel like I'm just growing and growing! I feel MASSIVE there's no other way to describe it and I can't imagine it's going to get better in the next couple of weeks.


I've finally definitely sprouted a couple of stretchmarks as well! They're nothing major & to be honest I'm not that bothered but it's a shame I got all this way without any & now they are appearing. They are under my bump so hopefully won't be too noticeable after I've had the baby anyway but we'll see. I'm upping my moisturising routine for sure!!

What have we been up to?

The highlight of this week has to be finally finishing work!! **whooooop**
Even though I am a bit sad and it hasn't really sunk in that I won't be going back until at least April now I was definitely ready to finish. My bump actually didn't fit under the desk on my last day & was getting in my way so I think you know it's time to head off when you reach that stage! Lol
We also finally got round to using a red letter day voucher that my parents gave us for Christmas and went up to London for the afternoon/evening for dinner and the theatre which was so so nice. I think it will definitely be our last date night for a while anyway! Eeeeek!

Weight/Cravings

So I finally got round to weighing myself after putting it off for the last few weeks and let's just say I'm not in a hurry to do it again any time soon. I didn't think I'd be as depressed about it as I am but I've now reached 212lbs which sounds like SO much! This means in total I've now put on 19lbs since falling pregnant so I'm probably not going to be able to stick within my goal of gaining no more than a stone & a half (I.e. 21lbs).
I know it's all for good reason and it's baby putting on the weight now but I'm definitely feeling rubbish about it :( and I'm definitely making a conscious effort to eat healthier for the remainder of my pregnancy.

Symptoms/Movement

Heartburn has been back again this week, mostly at bed time and luckily I've found sleeping on a couple of propped up pillows & a Rennies before bed seem to be sorting it out for now.
I've also had gallstone pains a couple of times during the night which have woken me up.
General aches & pains still continuing as well, along with period type pains that come & go.

Movement has definitely calmed down where bub is running out of room. She still moves a lot each day but her movements have definitely changed & are smaller sharper kicks again rather than somersaults.

Mood

Actually FOUL! I can't even remember the last time I was in a mood this bad. I seem to just have the raging hump with everyone and everything which isn't fun. I've been feeling really lonely & stressed & everything is getting on my nerves. Other people trying to give me advice is really winding me up coming across as super patronising & even though I know they mean well I could really do without it.
I'm blaming the hormones but I'm definitely extra sensitive to everything!

Gender

Little girl - still...we hope!

Appointments

I was meant to be seeing my midwife this week as the hospital advised an extra checkup after my little bp scare last week but helpfully she's not returning my calls or texts messages so it doesn't look like that will be happening.
...so scrap that! I did end up seeing a new midwife today, my usual one was poorly so a different midwife managed to squeeze me in. I didn't have a protein showing in my urine this week but my blood pressure is still too high so they sent me up to the hospital to be checked just to be on the safe side again. Funnily enough as soon as I get to the hospital and they take my BP it goes back down to normal so they let me go home after a little while - I think I'm getting stage fright when I midwife checks it or something?
Either way everything seems to be fine and I'm not showing any other signs of pre eclampsia which is a relief!

Shopping

We finally got round to reordering the colour pack for our pram. When we ordered it originally back in March/April time the slate grey colour we wanted was out of stock, which has actually turned out to be a good thing because we ended up changing our mind and going for something a little girlier....this coral colour which I love already!


Are you around the 35 week pregnant mark? I'd love to hear from other August mummy-to-be's.
If you're enjoying our pregnancy updates I'd love you to follow our story either here or on Bloglovin'
XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment